Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mdoll
Frequent Visitor

Quarter to Date last Year

OK, so I have tried many of the DAX formulas.....PARRALLELPERIOD...SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR

What I can't figure out is the proper syntax.  I need to show the TOTAL of the same Quarter from last year.  I thought it would be easy.

The above do not bring JUST the equivalent of the current period.  It brings all periods for the year.  I can't figure out how to filter JUST the current period number from the last year.

I can write some dataadd formulas I guess....but it should be simpler

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went and played w/ Northwind... and I at least kinda expected the last measure to "act weird", but ya know... it all kinda "just works" for me.

Total Sales:=SUMX('order-details', 'order-details'[Quantity] * 'order-details'[UnitPrice])

Sales QTD:=CALCULATE([Total Sales], DATESQTD(Dates[Date]))

Sales QTD - PY:=CALCULATE([Sales QTD], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Dates[Date]))

So, this is similar results that I was getting with over formulas.

I am currently in Qtr 2....I want the Total of Qtr 2 from Last Year.

If I use what you have here:

newprevyrqtractual = CALCULATE([QTD Actual],SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

The results are NOT what I want.

I returns a value...for ALL dates...and the value is not near what I expect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I suspect I understand your problem.  Can you try putting your measure in a table/matrix with Year & Qtr ?  I suspect it will work just fine... *if* you are specifiying the year/qtr in the context.

I suspect you are saying "cool story bro... but I only care about the current quarter to date" (and the prior years, current quarter to date) ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.