Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reymard
Advocate I
Advocate I

Quarter names disappear when I drill down

Hi Community,

I don't understand why the names of the quarter are not displayed when I drill down from a yearly view to a quarterly one.

The name of the first month of the quarter is displayed on the x-axis. But the tooltip indicate well the name of the quarter.

quarter.png

Does anyone can assist on that ?

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi reymard,

Please click “Go to the next level in the hierarchy” on the right hand of “Drill up”.

5.PNG

If you want to have year, quarter and month in x-axis, a column chart is recommended.

4.PNG

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft

Thank you for your answer.

It works if I use the “Go to the next level in the hierarchy” drill down button. But I'd like to drill down using the "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy" to get the aggregate per Year-Quarter and Year-Quarter-Month.

When I use this button, I get this correct aggregate but the labels on the X-axis are the first month of each quarter + year, instead of name of the quarter + year. So I get "Jan 2017" on the X-axis displayin the value for Q1 2017, "Apr 2017" for Q2 2017, etc.  

Do you know how to get the correct labels ?

Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.