Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

comacabana
Frequent Visitor

Quarter Subtotals taking average and not last value in period for inventory turnover

Hi all,

You guys have been such a great resource for me and I really appreciate it. I'm learning a lot but theres still some things that I can't seem to get correct.

I have a matrix of inventory at the end of the month. inventory same period last year, total sales and lastly inventory turnover. I'll add an image of how it currently looks like. Everything seems to be working fine except for my inventory turnover formula. The quarterly subtotals takes the average of the previous 3 months instead of the last value of the period. Is there anyway around this? These are the formulas that I currently use: 

Turnover Ratio = 
    DIVIDE('_Measures Inventory'[Total Sales], '_Measures Inventory'[Sum Inventory Value])

Total Sales = 
    SUM('CustomerOrderLines 2019- July 2022'[Total Sales])

Sum Inventory Value = 
    SUM('2019 - 2022 Inventory Value'[Total Value])

comacabana_0-1660114779051.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@comacabana ,based on what I got

have column year month YYYYMM format and try measure like

calculate( lastnonblankvalue('Date'[Year Month]), SUM('2019 - 2022 Inventory Value'[Total Value]))

Column YYYYMM 

year month = format([Date], "YYYYMM")

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
comacabana
Frequent Visitor

@amitchandak You are the best thank you that worked perfectly! 

I slightly modified the formula to get turnover ratio in case anyone is interested.

CALCULATE(LASTNONBLANKVALUE('Date Table'[Year Month Number], DIVIDE(SUM('CustomerOrderLines 2019- July 2022'[Total Sales]),SUM('2019 - 2022 Inventory Value'[Total Value]))))
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@comacabana ,based on what I got

have column year month YYYYMM format and try measure like

calculate( lastnonblankvalue('Date'[Year Month]), SUM('2019 - 2022 Inventory Value'[Total Value]))

Column YYYYMM 

year month = format([Date], "YYYYMM")

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.