Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sps_rawat
Regular Visitor

QTD & YTD doesn't work

BI.png

Hello, I have simple two table i.e. FactTable and Calendar. Calendar table is marked as date table too.

I am try to calculate QTD and YTD total but formula simply doesn't work. Any help please? I am new in PowerBI

Trxn:=sum([Amount])

Actual Trxn QTD:=CALCULATE([Trxn],DATESQTD(Calendar[Date]))

Actual Trxn YTD:=CALCULATE([Trxn],DATESYTD(Calendar[Date]))

Kind regards, Satyapal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thank you for the answer.

I don't know what was the exact problem but I simply remove the relationship first and then re build relationship and it worked.

Thank you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sps_rawat

Please try it in Apr 2017 version of Power BI Desktop. You need to create relationship between Calendar and FactTable with Date key. The measure you provided should work in Table visual as below.
Please refer to attached PBIX file.

QTD & YTD doesn't work_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hello,

Thank you for the answer.

I don't know what was the exact problem but I simply remove the relationship first and then re build relationship and it worked.

Thank you

dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This could be related to your version of Excel... I seem to remember these functions only working in later versions?

What Excel are you using? I note you have the "backwards" filter arrows so it must be 2013 or less?

Cheers

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.