Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andyskinner
Regular Visitor

Q&A Not Working

Hi,

Is Q&A currently not working in the service (region UK South).  I just added the Q&A widget in desktop and this works as expected, however when published to the service I just get the 'Ask me a question box' and typing any questions seems unresponsive.  I tried creating a new report on that dataset in the service which works ok, but if I click the 'Ask a question' button it adds the widget to the canvas ok but again get an unresponsive question asking dialog.  I`ve waited a while and there is a spinner in the right of the dialog box but just perpetually spins.  Is there a problem with this in my specific region?

SpinnerSpinner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @andyskinner , 

I test this in my environment, I don't have admin right(I am not in same region), the Q&A also could work well. I am not sure whether this is caused by region, you could try to refresh the page, or use the prompt Q in Q&A or change the browser  to see whether it work or not in service. Or you also could open a ticket (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) for more suggestions.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andyskinner
Regular Visitor

Further bit of information.  I have tested this on a PBI subscription where I don`t have administration rights.  However, when I test the same functionality on a PBI service tenant where I do have complete admin right, it works ok.  Does anyone know if there`s an admin level security setting that could be causing this?

Hi @andyskinner , 

I test this in my environment, I don't have admin right(I am not in same region), the Q&A also could work well. I am not sure whether this is caused by region, you could try to refresh the page, or use the prompt Q in Q&A or change the browser  to see whether it work or not in service. Or you also could open a ticket (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) for more suggestions.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Must have been region specific (UK South) specific as it`s now working!  Good job I wasn`t demo`ing anything!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors