Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aklein
Regular Visitor

Python visualization with multiple data sources

Hello,

I am currently working with the python visualization tool and was trying to do some data processing using two separate datasets. As these two data sets do not map directly to eachother I do not want to declare a relationship between them. I just want to access a second dataset (already loaded into power bi) as I process the first and generate the visualization. As such I was hoping to just create two separate dataframes, one for each dataset, in the python editor and go from there, but did not see a way to do so. Is there any way to create multiple dataframes with the visualization tool? By default it only creates one.

(I saw similar questions asked in regards to the python query tool, but not in regards to the visualization tool.)

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @aklein ,

As mentioned in the document Create Power BI visuals using Python at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-python-visuals, there is a limitation for Python visuals in Power BI Desktop:

Relationships – as with other Power BI Desktop visuals, if data fields from different tables with no defined relationship between them are selected, an error occurs.

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @aklein ,

As mentioned in the document Create Power BI visuals using Python at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-python-visuals, there is a limitation for Python visuals in Power BI Desktop:

Relationships – as with other Power BI Desktop visuals, if data fields from different tables with no defined relationship between them are selected, an error occurs.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.