Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Python scripting not working after windows upgrade 1903

Since upgrade 1903 python scripting has stopped working and throws the following error:

ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script. Here are the technical details: El archivo o directorio está dañado o es ilegible

(file or directory corrupted)

I have tried the same file in a few colleague computers which have not updated and it is working fine.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

Deleted Python, PIP, supressed manually all the folders. Same thing for powerBI, deleted al Windows.old files, cleaned previous windows installs.  Reinstalled everything....and now seems to be working.

View solution in original post

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I tested on my side with your sample script, it returns a table as expected. It seems the issue is related to a specific machine not windows update. 

q3.PNG

As the issue is resolved on your side, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please close.

It happened in a few laptops when upgrading, we will proceed to wipe Python and Power Bi completely and reinstall in those which fail after upgrading.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I tested on my side with your sample script, it returns a table as expected. It seems the issue is related to a specific machine not windows update. 

q3.PNG

As the issue is resolved on your side, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

Deleted Python, PIP, supressed manually all the folders. Same thing for powerBI, deleted al Windows.old files, cleaned previous windows installs.  Reinstalled everything....and now seems to be working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I had already tried wiping the python install, reinstaling python3 also python2 and still the same error. I was just using the scripts with no errors, the windows upgraded and now no Python scripts work.

I am copying the code of the query. I just create an empty table to pass a value to the script, create a timestamp and then return it in a table. No matter what I input in any script it just breaks. 

let
//table creation for running python timestamp script.
URLtable = #table({ "expirationTime"}, {{"0"}}),
#"Run Python script" = Python.Execute("# 'dataset' holds the input data for this script#(lf)import hashlib#(lf)import time#(lf)#(lf)#create date token#(lf)millis = int(round(time.time() * 1000))#(lf)millis = millis + 1800000#(lf)#(lf)dataset.at[0,'expirationTime'] = millis#(lf)",[dataset=URLtable]),
#"Expanded Value" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Run Python script", "Value", {"expirationTime"}, {"Value.expirationTime"})
in
#"Expanded Value"

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

In your machine, when you open the report in Power BI desktop, please ensure you set the correct Python directory for Power BI desktop to use. 

q2.PNG

If the issue still occurs, please share pbix file if possible. You can upload it to your OneDrive and paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.