Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

sv12
Helper III
Helper III

Python script to DAX

Hi, I am trying to convert the below python script to DAX Calculated column:

import numpy as np
dataset["OBV"] = np.where(dataset['close'] > dataset['close'].shift(1), dataset['volume']  ,
np.where(dataset['close'] < dataset['close'].shift(1), -dataset['volume'], 0)).cumsum()

Reason:

I am not able to add python to my on-premise gateway to enable scheduled refreshes. 

Sample Data:

AsofDatecloseVolume
2/1/199032850000
2/2/199033045000
2/3/199034265000
2/4/199035245000
2/5/199032020000
2/6/199036535000
2/7/199065245600

I appreceate any help with DAX! Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @sv12 

for your requirement, you need to create two column to get your requirement:

judgecolumn = var _yesterdaydate=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[As of Date]),FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date]<EARLIER('Table'[As of Date])))
var _yesterdayclose=CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Close]),FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date] = _yesterdaydate))
return

DIVIDE('Table'[Close]-_yesterdayclose,ABS('Table'[Close]-_yesterdayclose)) *'Table'[Volume]
OBV = 

SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[As of Date])),[judgecolumn])

Result:

For first date of your sample data, there is no yesterday OBV, so I have give a fixed value

OBV = 

SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[As of Date])),[judgecolumn])+287025018164

10.JPG

here is sample pbix file, please try it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sv12 , what is expected output and logic.

Hello @amitchandak 
Thanks for your response. 

Sample Data: Sample Data 

Input Columns: As of Date, Close, Volume

Output Column: OBV

Business Logic:

If today's close is greater than yesterday's close then:
         OBV = Yesterday’s OBV + Today’s Volume

If today’s close is less than yesterday’s close then:
         OBV = Yesterday’s OBV – Today’s Volume 

If today’s close is equal to yesterday’s close then:
         OBV = Yesterday’s OBV

Execution using Python:

import numpy as np
dataset["OBV"] = np.where(dataset['close'] > dataset['close'].shift(1), dataset['volume']  ,
np.where(dataset['close'] < dataset['close'].shift(1), -dataset['volume'], 0)).cumsum()

I am trying to execute the same using DAX. 

Let me know if you have questions!

Thanks,

SV

hi @sv12 

for your requirement, you need to create two column to get your requirement:

judgecolumn = var _yesterdaydate=CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[As of Date]),FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date]<EARLIER('Table'[As of Date])))
var _yesterdayclose=CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Close]),FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date] = _yesterdaydate))
return

DIVIDE('Table'[Close]-_yesterdayclose,ABS('Table'[Close]-_yesterdayclose)) *'Table'[Volume]
OBV = 

SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[As of Date])),[judgecolumn])

Result:

For first date of your sample data, there is no yesterday OBV, so I have give a fixed value

OBV = 

SUMX(FILTER('Table','Table'[As of Date]<=EARLIER('Table'[As of Date])),[judgecolumn])+287025018164

10.JPG

here is sample pbix file, please try it.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

vinay2214_0-1641560376121.png

Hi i need to convert this python script into dax any idea?

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.