Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PrestaPower
Frequent Visitor

Python script, data load, ADO.NET error

Hi all, 

i have an error happening when loading data with a python script:

We encountered an error while processing your python script.

Details: "ADO.NET: A problem occurred while processing your Python script.
Here are the technical details: Process must exit before requested information can be determined."

The thing is that the first time it actually worked, but not anymore.

I was wondering if it could be related to a tim-out issue.

Also my script also exports one of the tables on share point as an excel file and this actually works fine.

As a side note we use anaconda evironment for our company purposes.

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PrestaPower ,

If it is convenient, could you share more details?(e.g, python version, desktop version, datasource you connect)

In addition, you could refer to this similar thread.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I used swifer, which makes my code run 2 times faster on spyder (around 6 minutes), but on the virtual machine, when using this same code with power bi, i always reach the time out (30 minutes).

hi @v-piga-msft,

the python version i'm using is 3.6. As Power BI, on the virtual machine is  2.70.5494.562 64-bit (June 2019) and on my computer is 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019).

The python code itself fetch data from the SQL database and also two excel files.

On the Virtual machine, it doesn't work, but on my computer it does, even if it's slow.

I don't know if it could be the reason, but the virtual machine might not be the more powerful, as when i try to run the script in PBI, my cpu use is at 100% and the memory use around 60%

Regards, 

theo

PrestaPower
Frequent Visitor

Also, when i run it on my laptop, the error is not showed, but on our virtual machine it is.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.