Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Khaoula_Farissi
Frequent Visitor

Python analysis

hello evryone i wish i can find a solution here
so my problem is that i have data in sql server with these columns (respondant,sexe, age,region,Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4) i want to analyse it so i chose python script or R script in powerbi/getdata
and when i analysed my data i got two dataframes one is a correlation between (Q1,Q2) and one of clustring. But when i whant to filter by (age, sexe,...) i can't get those columns in my dataframes
PS: The data and analysis are just exmaples so my database is actually a lot bigger and i have to do a lot of analysis that powerbi can't provide so i chose python or R.

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Khaoula_Farissi 

For " But when i whant to filter by (age, sexe,...) i can't get those columns in my dataframes" , do you mean you'd like to filter the source data before imported into Power bi desktop? You can take a shoot of the advanced options

003.PNG

For "The data and analysis are just exmaples so my database is actually a lot bigger and i have to do a lot of analysis that powerbi can't provide" , could you plz share more concerns about " Power bi can't provide"?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

hello @v-diye-msft thanks for the reply

i want to filter my data after importing it to powerbi.

to explain more here is an example of my database in sql server

Khaoula_Farissi_0-1597850895610.png

and here is the dataframe that i recieve from python' scrpit

Khaoula_Farissi_1-1597850951339.png

i want to be able to get the correlation of (Q1,Q2,Q3) of women when i chose women in the slicer or get the correlation of a chosen age 

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

FYI too that you may be able to do your R or Python analyses at the visual level, instead of in the query (for more flexibility, use of slicers, etc.).  Please see this post I wrote a while ago that may give you some ideas.

https://powerpivotpro.com/2018/11/hijacking-the-r-visual/

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

@mahoneypat  thanks for your reply

I did one time use python visual but for unknown reasons it gave me the wrong data and my second reason is that i'm using visuals like infographic designer which i cannot find in python visual, plus the easy usage of powerbi visuals considering i got 42 visuals

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.