Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Pyramid 3D Chart by Collabion - Custom Visual

Hello All,

I just wanted to give the Pyramid 3D Chart Custom Visual a try - but before I even got a chance to I discoved this "issue"?

Don't know if it should really be classified as a "bug" - but in my case it would prevent me from actually using this Visual

What happens is as soon as you import the pbiviz file ALL Tooltips on ALL Maps/Charts on ALL Pages increase in size

As far as I know there's no way to control the Font Size of the Text in the Tooltips is there?

In my case I have a map and I display 12 Measures in the Tooltips. When you add the Location, Legend, Lat and Long and Size

Which unfortunately you can't hide the Lat and Long - Idea for Show/Hide buttons created here

Anyway back on topic

There are 17 total values to be displayed when you hover over a Location - when I import this Custom Visual

The Tooltip Box basically overtakes half the screen because the Font Size becomes so large (which again I don't think we can control)

Steps to test:

1) 1 simple table with 3 columns

State City Value

TXAustin500
TXDallas250
TXHouston250
TXSan Antonio100

2) Then create a Map, Column Chart and a Pie Chart

Look at the Font Size in the Tooltips

3) Import the Pyramid 3D Chart Custom Visual

Look at the Tooltips now

Pyramid Test.png

With only 3 items in the Tooltip Box - you may say what is the big deal?

Well as I mentioned above when you display 17 total items in the Tooltip Box it becomes giant and overtakes half the screen.

The Legend size text is not affected, the Labels text is also not affected but when you hover over a location all of sudden you get this giant box with giant text and I haven't even used the Visual for anything yet just imported it!

And don't forget ALL Tooltips on ALL Maps/Charts on ALL Pages are affected as soon as you import the pbiviz file!

I may (read will not) not even email the author as I didn't even get to try the Visual!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to download the Pyramid 3D Chart by Collabion on the microsoft app download page but cannot see this anywhere? And there are no results when I search by pyramid in the microsoft app store link provided.

@Sean @Jac @v-shex-msft 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sean,

Sorry for slow response. I can reproduce your issue. I also test other custom visuals(microsoft and other user) but haven't appeared the same issue, I think this issue is caused by "Pyramid 3D Chart".

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello guys,
First of all I would like to commend you for your support to the users of this site, as well as your ability to develop and create resources / support for PowerBI.
I work with some data on the job and some reports where I need them in pyramid format and I look for the visualization of Pyramid3DChart through the Microsoft website but this is not available. I have already searched for this feature on the whole network, also unsuccessfully ...
If so, could you send me the .pbix format file?

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@v-shex-msftThanks for reply! Yes this is definitely caused only by this specific Custom Visual!

I use quite a few and this is the first one that has done this!

Actually I wish some of those developed by Microsoft would become standard and be included in the PBI Desktop

(Tornado, Donut, Aster, Sunburst, etc..) I know there's an Idea about this already!

Anyway since I never even got to try this Visual because it messed up ALL charts/maps on ALL pages I've decided to let it go!

I'll be checking to see if they Update it and may give it another try then!

I leave this unsolved for a bit just to see if the developer is checking the forum for feedback!

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.