Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

junglejimsvet
Helper I
Helper I

Putting a dynamic target line on a chart from another table

Hi All,

hopefully simple but I fear it won't be:). I want to upload a picture but my work network is not letting me!

Simplifying to hopefully only the relavant elements:

• Table 1 contains a master list of customers with geographic and skills segmentations - this does not contain a date field
  • Table 2 is a list of all interactions we have had from all had with customers - this includes a date field

I would like a graph showing the number of interactions per month, with a target line showing the total number of customers.

On my X axis, I have put Table 2[Date] with my values being distinct count of customer seen. This works fine and only shows the months in the filtered date range.

However when I add the target line which is just a simple measure from table 1 (the customer master):

Total Customers  = calculate(distinctcount(Table 1[CUSTOMER]),Table 1[LEVEL_OF_EXPERTISE]="International",all(Interactions[Date])))

I get the issue that the chart shows all months irrespective of the selected date range. This makes total sense as there is not a date parameter in table 1. For lots of reasons, I have a one way filter from table1 to table 2 (making this 2 way will break lots of other maths).

So... is there any way to set this target line up so that it does not cause the chart to show all months? with the constraint that table 1 cannot be filtered by table 2

Hope this makes sense and will try and get a screen shot up later,

Many thanks,

Jim

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@junglejimsvet,

You may use ALLSELECTED instead of ALL.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Sam,

month line still continues alongmonth line still continues along unfortunately that has not solved it (prob because date does not flow up to the table with the target on:(

Cheers,

JB

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.