Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

noahiz917
Frequent Visitor

Putting 2 groups of data (from the same column source) on the same chart

Hello,

I am quite new to PowerBI, so any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I'm trying to display 2 snippets/subsets of data within the same chart, using 2 separate date slicers to select each date's corresponding data (see highlighted slicers.) Ideally, the chart I create should look like the third screenshot attached, except the colors would designate the 2 different dates I choose from the slicers

The data itself is a distribution of sales records that fall into different bins (across the bottom) and each bar's height is a COUNT of those records.

I've created a copy/separate Date table with a 1-to-1 join relationship with the original Date table, in hopes that changing one wouldn't change the other. Unfortunately, the slicers are still somehow correlated and the only option on the second slicer after selecting a date on the first slicer is the selected date. Alfternatively, if it is easier to correlate each slicer with its own chart (second image attached), that type of view could work as well.    

SS PBI.png

SS PBI2.png

fd3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @noahiz917 ,

There's a relationship between two date tables, not doubt the changing one will affect the other.

You could try to delete or inactive the relationship and create a measure like below then add it to visual.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date]=SELECTEDVALUE('date2'[date])&&'Table'[type]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[type])))

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @noahiz917 ,

There's a relationship between two date tables, not doubt the changing one will affect the other.

You could try to delete or inactive the relationship and create a measure like below then add it to visual.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[date]=SELECTEDVALUE('date2'[date])&&'Table'[type]=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[type])))

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @noahiz917 ,

To what I can understand you want to have selection of two date slicers and the calculate the count of the values accordingly to those selections.

What you need to do is to create two additional date table that will allow you to have the slicer values this table should be disconnected from your original table then you need to create measures similar to this ones:

Calculation1 =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( Table[Column] ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table[Date] ), Table[Date] IN VALUES ( SLICER_1_TABLE[Date] ) )
)

Calculation2 =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( Table[Column] ),
    FILTER ( ALLSELECTED ( Table[Date] ), Table[Date] IN VALUES ( SLICER_2_TABLE[Date] ) )
)

Now use this two measures on your visualization and the Data tables has your slicers

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.