Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

michellepace
Resolver III
Resolver III

Put "is great than" filter onto dashboard

Hello there,

I'd like to somehow add the functioinalty of the "is great than" filter as shown below, to my actual dashboard. Is it possible to do this or at least replicate the functionality?

Put a filter on my dashboard.png

Many thanks,
Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @amitchandak k and @V-pazhen-msft , thank you both for your replies. Neither of the solutions given work for my situation  because of the limitation of using a numeric slicer as per the link @amitchandak  provided:

Desktop Slicer Numeric Range
Limitations and considerations
The following limitations and considerations apply to the numeric range slicer:

• The numeric range slicer filters every underlying row in the data, not any aggregated value. For example, let's say that you use a Sales Amount field. The slicer then filters each transaction based on the sales amount, not the sum of the sales amount for each data point of a visual. (That's a matrix in my screenshot with hierarchy... Actuals+ is an aggregated value.)
  • It doesn't currently work with measures. (Actual+ is a measure)
  • You can type any number into a numeric slicer, even if it is outside the range of values in the underlying column. This option lets you set up filters if you know the data may change in future.

Nonetheless, thank you for taking the effort to reply.

Michelle

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@michellepace 

Did my suggestion help, if so please mark it. Or you still need other workarounds?

Thank you.
Paul

Hello @amitchandak k and @V-pazhen-msft , thank you both for your replies. Neither of the solutions given work for my situation  because of the limitation of using a numeric slicer as per the link @amitchandak  provided:

Desktop Slicer Numeric Range
Limitations and considerations
The following limitations and considerations apply to the numeric range slicer:

• The numeric range slicer filters every underlying row in the data, not any aggregated value. For example, let's say that you use a Sales Amount field. The slicer then filters each transaction based on the sales amount, not the sum of the sales amount for each data point of a visual. (That's a matrix in my screenshot with hierarchy... Actuals+ is an aggregated value.)
  • It doesn't currently work with measures. (Actual+ is a measure)
  • You can type any number into a numeric slicer, even if it is outside the range of values in the underlying column. This option lets you set up filters if you know the data may change in future.

Nonetheless, thank you for taking the effort to reply.

Michelle

@michellepace 

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards
Paul

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@michellepace 

Try create a slicer use the Acutals column and change the slicer to the following format: 

slicer more option.jpg

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@michellepace , If it is a column (Date/Number) you can change it to Range, before after

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-slicer-numeric-range

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.