Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CaptnChaos
Regular Visitor

Put data from 1 matrix to another matrix or table

Hi everyone,

i want to show 2 matrix/tables. The first with years and month and a second table shows the days of the selected month from the first matrix.

Is it possible, and how?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CaptnChaos,

When you click the month, it returns another table to display the detailed information, which is impossible to date. But you can create a matrix to drill down to day level to view the more details information.

You can create a hierarchy including Month and Day, select the hierarchy as row, the country column as column, you will get the following matrix table.

1.PNG

When you click the button(highlighted in yellow), you will get the detailed information as follows.

2.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Maybe, but I would need to see sample data and some concept of your data model

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your reply.

I'm new in BI and its an idea.

table2.png

The first table will show the years and month and by clicking on the month it will show the data of the month in a second table. I hope you understand. 

Is it posible?

Hi @CaptnChaos,

When you click the month, it returns another table to display the detailed information, which is impossible to date. But you can create a matrix to drill down to day level to view the more details information.

You can create a hierarchy including Month and Day, select the hierarchy as row, the country column as column, you will get the following matrix table.

1.PNG

When you click the button(highlighted in yellow), you will get the detailed information as follows.

2.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks for your Reply,

but that's the way i do it now. I have tried to use it with slicer, but that's not the best way for me (or my boss ;-)).

Is there any other solution?

Best Regards

Rene

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.