Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DavidB023
Helper III
Helper III

Put a year into date

Hi everybody !

I have a problem with date value. My table are like this, my problem is on Date column :

Capture.PNG

And I just want to put a year at its end... I look for a function which could distribuate a year for each row.

Thanks

Best regards

David

6 REPLIES 6
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

is it just date format set to dd/mm, or entries in the column?
if the former then you just need to change the format of the column, if the latter then I suggest adding custom column in Power Query view

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

It's text value, in fact when I transform them in date, every date take 2018 but I have 2015 2016 2017 and 2018 on the same column..

I think about a function which I choose between for example row 1 and row 88, I put 2015 and that for each year.. But I don't think it is possible, if it is  I could fusion this column with Date (on picture) and I have my good format.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please post the source data format? Are you able to change the type to DATE in Query Editor?

Thanks

Raj

Here is my source data test : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlpYVjQtU7WhiS1xfWK_pBilOtGO

My basic format for Date column is text first, when I change it in Date format, I have every date in 2018..but when you see my source, (and it isn't practical) I have on a same column each day of each month for 3 years ago but without year's information.

Thanks

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could not access the file due to firewall issue, hope someone see the file and responds to you.

Thanks

Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Click on the date column from Field panel, and the go to Modelling -> Format -> Date Time -> Select the required date format.

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.