cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navmeh999

Push Data to SQL table + Trigger REST API with POST method

Hi,

I am completely novice with PowerBI and have recently started exploring PowerBi Desktop features. I have following requirements which I seek to fulfill using Power BI and looking for guidiance:

1. Pull data external REST API - I am able to parse data given as JSON response using "Web" option.

2. Perform a what if analysis on my data. Say I have Sales & COGS data and want to see impact on my profit%

3. After I generate projected numbers using what If analysis, I want to push these numbers to external SQL table

4. Trigger a function using REST API and POST method to process the data which I exported to external table

Is it possible to achieve this using Power BI Desktop app ? Appreciate your help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@navmeh999 while 1 & 2 definately seems doable , 3 & 4 not. PowerBI is not ETL tool and so doesn't have ability to push data, trigger functions. You should look at external tools for that purpose.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@navmeh999 while 1 & 2 definately seems doable , 3 & 4 not. PowerBI is not ETL tool and so doesn't have ability to push data, trigger functions. You should look at external tools for that purpose.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors