Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

triseid
Frequent Visitor

Pulling sharepoint links to individual items in a list

Hi,

I am pulling data from a SharePoint list but I cannot pull the URLs of the individual items within the list (aka links to the display forms). I am currently pulling SharePoint list data via odata and I get a 'path' field but it only provides the link to the general list itself, rather than the link to the individual item. It pulls the same link for every item. 

tl;dr could someone please advise if they know a way to pull the item-specific URLs (aka display forms) from a SharePoint list? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @triseid ,

1. When you get data from SharePoint, you will get Name column and Folder path column:column.png
  2. If you want to get each items path, just create the following calculate column and put it in a table visual:

Each_Path = [Folder Path] & [Name]

path column.png

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yingjl, thank you for your response!

I do not have 'name', 'extension', or similar columns and I assume it is because I am connecting to a Microsoft Project Web App page within SharePoint. I tried via odata and all three SharePoint sources - maybe an API would work. 

Unfortunately I have to connect to the Project Web App site, otherwise I lose a lot of granularity of project data by connecting straight to the SharePoint website. EDIT: When I do try connecting to SharePoint main, I don't see list items that live in individual Project Web Apps. Maybe a solution here would also fix my issue. 

Any idea for getting these fields from Microsoft Project Web App? Maybe best would be adding the URLs directly to the list and then they would flow through. 

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.