Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adarshalok
Frequent Visitor

Pulling data from MS Excel on Teams into Power BI

Hi Everyone, 

I  recently upgraded from Power BI Trail version to PRO. When connecting to the data source in the form of MS Excel maintained on Teams Channel, I'm unable to connect it. When connecting via source as 'SharePoint', it says the following error. 

adarshalok_2-1659009768156.png

adarshalok_3-1659009829670.png

When using 'Query' to add the link of Sharepoint, it's still the same. I cross checked for my role on Teams channel, I do have the Owner / Admin role as well. 

Can someone please let  me know how to overcome this obstacle. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When connecting via Sharepoint folder connector you need to specify only the Site/Team URL. Do not specify the complete path to the Excel file (you will use Power Query filters later for that)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When connecting via Sharepoint folder connector you need to specify only the Site/Team URL. Do not specify the complete path to the Excel file (you will use Power Query filters later for that)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.