Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skourtip
Frequent Visitor

Pull review number from google

Hi to all

I want to pull the rating number from google reviews(the yellow) is this possible?

skourtip_0-1632837458128.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@skourtip 

The best way to get information from a website including Google's search engine and insert it into PowerBI, is to go to Home --> Get Data --> Web --> Insert the web link

Then you will see a selection of tables based on the information displayed on the web link.

After trying on a few google pages it seems that PowerBI cannot retrieve data from the box (with map location and reviews) that appears on the right hand side on the first google page.

I suggest you check whether these reviews are available in another website and use that weblink instead

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skourtip ,

Agree with themistoklis ,

Also, You can try the method mentioned in the following case:Google-Reviews-and-Trustpilot 

Based on the article, you need to use OAuth credential to access the Google My business API. I would recommend you get OAuth credential first, then use Power Query to connect to the API following the guide in the blog above.

Here is an additional link that I hope will help you with your question.

Power BI + Google Analytics = Power Analytics 

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@skourtip 

The best way to get information from a website including Google's search engine and insert it into PowerBI, is to go to Home --> Get Data --> Web --> Insert the web link

Then you will see a selection of tables based on the information displayed on the web link.

After trying on a few google pages it seems that PowerBI cannot retrieve data from the box (with map location and reviews) that appears on the right hand side on the first google page.

I suggest you check whether these reviews are available in another website and use that weblink instead

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.