cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandrews

Pull data to line with same starting number

I have a column with multiple shop order numbers and another column with a quote number, but the quote number is currently only associated with one shop order number line. I want to pull the quote number down to all shop order lines when the first 9 digits are the same. So in the screenshot below, I'd like the quote # 82568 to be on every line that starts with 15336-008. How do I do this? I'm new to Power BI.

bandrews_0-1628520749582.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Forgot to tell you that Fill Down works with null values not with blanks so you should first Replace the blanks in the Quote column with 'null' and then Fill down will work as expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sktneer
Resolver I
Resolver I

In Power Query Editor, you may simply right-click on the Quote column header and choose Fill --> Down. That will get you the desired output.

That doesn't work. When I do that, nothing changes and the additional shop order rows are still blank.

Forgot to tell you that Fill Down works with null values not with blanks so you should first Replace the blanks in the Quote column with 'null' and then Fill down will work as expected.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.