Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull data to line with same starting number

I have a column with multiple shop order numbers and another column with a quote number, but the quote number is currently only associated with one shop order number line. I want to pull the quote number down to all shop order lines when the first 9 digits are the same. So in the screenshot below, I'd like the quote # 82568 to be on every line that starts with 15336-008. How do I do this? I'm new to Power BI.

bandrews_0-1628520749582.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Forgot to tell you that Fill Down works with null values not with blanks so you should first Replace the blanks in the Quote column with 'null' and then Fill down will work as expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sktneer
Resolver I
Resolver I

In Power Query Editor, you may simply right-click on the Quote column header and choose Fill --> Down. That will get you the desired output.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't work. When I do that, nothing changes and the additional shop order rows are still blank.

Forgot to tell you that Fill Down works with null values not with blanks so you should first Replace the blanks in the Quote column with 'null' and then Fill down will work as expected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.