Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IAmDan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Publishing to Power BI - This report was already published to the selected destination

For the past week I have been having problems publishing upates from Power BI Desktop.

When I try I recieve the following pop up:

Power BI.png

I have re-installed the desktop app, Version: 2.41.4581.361 32-bit (November 2016), but still encountering the problem.

The problem did resolve itself once for a bout a day and allowed me to publish as normal, but i am now recieving the error again.

I did notice that on the service, at the side of one of my datasets that I am trying to update, there is an error icon that shows this when i click on it: 

Error 3.png

I am not using a gateway and to my understanding i don't need one as my datasets are all just standard Excel tables.

Could this be affecting it? Or is this something different?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
IAmDan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks for the reply.

There was another thread on the forum with the same problem and while they didn't find why this is hapening they did manage to get it working again by logging out of P Bi Desktop and then logging back in and voila, publishing was working again.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/this-report-was-already-published-to-the-selected-destinatio...

This also worked for me and my colleague who was also experiencing the same problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
IAmDan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Myself and my colleague both still get this issue now. We've just got used to it happening, but it is obviously still an issue and has been for several builds as i first started getting this in early december and we always update to the latest version.

As this has continued to happen through the last 3/4 builds of the Desktop App, maybe it's time to start considering that this may be a problem with the Service or the login server or something else. Just a thought.

IAmDan
Advocate I
Advocate I

Xiaoxin Sheng

Thanks for the reply.

There was another thread on the forum with the same problem and while they didn't find why this is hapening they did manage to get it working again by logging out of P Bi Desktop and then logging back in and voila, publishing was working again.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/this-report-was-already-published-to-the-selected-destinatio...

This also worked for me and my colleague who was also experiencing the same problem.

dpsm
Regular Visitor

I have been suffering the same this week and last with build 2.44.4675.422 64-bit (March 2017)

I can confirm that, when in the PBI desktop client > click username (top-right) > switch user > enter same username /pwd > allows upload/refresh to work.

I have a weekly report which I've not set to automatically update yet. I had been refreshing manually weekly in Feb but it failed last week and this. The commonality my end is problems started after I upgraded to March build. That could be coincidence / red-herring though.

dec.

Hi @dpsm,

I test on power bi 2.44.4675.521 64-bit (March 2017) but not faced the issue, have you  test on the newest version?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'd not realised there was another new build. It's downloading now.

As you say, not easy to test though, it works then it doesn't. I'll try; Reboot; Try again and again tomorrow (in case it's a timing/timeout thing).

dpsm
Regular Visitor

I didn't get a chance to test last week - sorry.

When refreshing the report with new data this morning I had the same "report already published" issue.

I'm on Version: 2.44.4675.521 64-bit (March 2017).

As before - switch user - authenticate, makes it work.

dec.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IAmDan,

I test with below steps:

1. Download 32-bit power bi desktop.
2. Create a excel table as the datasource.
3. Load it to desktop and use it create visuals.
4. Publish this report to service.
5. Modify the original file and re-publish to service.
6. Publish the same pbix file multiple times.

Since I can't reproduce your issue, I'd like to suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since it may be account specific.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.