Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CaitlinTaylor

Publishing reports to automatically refresh

Hello

As a company we are new to PowerBI and I have been tasked with setting up PowerBI reports.

I have managed to set up the report, linking to an excel spreadsheet which pulls the data through when you refresh.  We currently have to manually collect the data I need to report on.

I then need the report I have published to automatically refresh - how do I do this?   I have also then shared this to the relevant company Sharepoint site page.

At the moment, each day I refresh the report, I have to republish and re embed onto Sharepoint.

Appreciate any hints and tips.

Many thanks

Caitlin

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CaitlinTaylor 

If you have a PowerBI Pro license you can go to PowerBI service.

On PowerBi service you can add a scheduler for auto-refresh

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

But you can only do this if you are a PRO user

View solution in original post

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CaitlinTaylor 

In addition to 's apply, 

If you build your report by import connection mode, you can try schedule refresh.

If you build your report by Directquery connection mode, you can try schedule cache refresh, or automatic page refresh in Power BI.

If you build your report by Live Connection mode, you can try schedule cache refresh.

For more details you may refer to blogs as below.

Data refresh in Power BI

Automatic page refresh in Power BI

To schedule refresh or  schedule cache refresh, you need to install a gateway.

Enterprise gateway(works like service) is better than personal gateway(works like application).

Blog: On-premises data gateway vs. on-premises data gateway (personal mode)

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CaitlinTaylor 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your problem.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CaitlinTaylor 

In addition to 's apply, 

If you build your report by import connection mode, you can try schedule refresh.

If you build your report by Directquery connection mode, you can try schedule cache refresh, or automatic page refresh in Power BI.

If you build your report by Live Connection mode, you can try schedule cache refresh.

For more details you may refer to blogs as below.

Data refresh in Power BI

Automatic page refresh in Power BI

To schedule refresh or  schedule cache refresh, you need to install a gateway.

Enterprise gateway(works like service) is better than personal gateway(works like application).

Blog: On-premises data gateway vs. on-premises data gateway (personal mode)

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@CaitlinTaylor 

If you have a PowerBI Pro license you can go to PowerBI service.

On PowerBi service you can add a scheduler for auto-refresh

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

But you can only do this if you are a PRO user

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.