Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publishing private PBI Desktop file to web (not corporate, not school)

Hi PBI,

Can you kindly show me ways around publishing PBI desktop file to web in instances where  I dont have WORK or SCHOOL ACCOUNT. I tried using my microsoft email name@hotmail.com and it seems this is not allowed.

I have successfully published PBI in my previous job (where my employer had a copmplete suite of Microsoft application). I am now doing this privately for small businesses whom many do not have Microsoft accounts except MS office. Thanks

publish PBI.JPGpublish PBI 2.JPG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @Anonymous,

PBI doesn't support personal Microsoft email accounts at this time (i.e Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, ProtonMail, etc.). I was in a similiar situation, I wanted to create a free PBI account for my personal data stuff, but I had to use an old school email for it to work.

I'm sure someone on here can give you a more in-depth description of why this is.

Hope this helps,

Alan

View solution in original post

You can purchase a domain name cheaply and create a new email address that will work.  I am sure there are some burner email address services that will work as well - you will have to test them

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

signup.png

Power BI requires that you use a work, or school, email address to sign up. Power BI does not support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. This includes outlook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com and others.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

signup.png

Power BI requires that you use a work, or school, email address to sign up. Power BI does not support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. This includes outlook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com and others.

Hello. It seems to me that it's impossible to do what you want if you don't have a school account. By the way, if you don't have a school account, but you have a desire to learn and you have a desire to develop, then I advise you to visit -> essayservicescanner.com - it is a site on which there is a review of the best companies that provide services in the sphere of writing and checking papers. The site has reviews on the best companies that will help you with developing in writing papers that have a different view, type and size.

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @Anonymous,

PBI doesn't support personal Microsoft email accounts at this time (i.e Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, ProtonMail, etc.). I was in a similiar situation, I wanted to create a free PBI account for my personal data stuff, but I had to use an old school email for it to work.

I'm sure someone on here can give you a more in-depth description of why this is.

Hope this helps,

Alan

You can purchase a domain name cheaply and create a new email address that will work.  I am sure there are some burner email address services that will work as well - you will have to test them

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.