Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bidepartment

Publishing online from Desktop not working

Hello, 

I have a problem on all my dashboards on Desktop: when I click on "Publish online", I get the message "Publishing is complete. However we couldn't refresh your dataset. Please manually refresh your dataset in the service or schedule a refresh". 

Publishing.JPG

When I go on PowerBI Online, my reports haven't been refreshed. 

Many thanks for your help, 

Alice

13 REPLIES 13
WayneW2

This problem still exists.. any word on why this is happening? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm experiencing this right now. Any news on how to fix this?

Thank you.

smithnb
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm having this same issue. 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi ALL,

There was a database problem on Power BI Service(North Europe cluster) previously which may cause this issue. And the database problem should be fixed now. Could you go to check if the issue persists? Smiley Happy

Regards

I have been experiencing this problem this week. 

I then deleted dataset, report, dashboard etc in Power BI Service, then tried to publish my latest report again, and was getting the error message "(404) Not Found" message instead; I could no longer publish the report.

It turns out that it is a bug occuring when you have a table with no column. See this post, and there is a very simple workaround.

We are still experiencing the problem.

Publishing fails with the message reported in OP. Manual refresh fails without error message and without any record in the "Refresh history". Attempts to select report in Power BI.com produce:

Something went wrong

Unable to load the model
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID0c82aa5c-d786-46a5-bac1-e9efaca96660
Request ID4087d490-3dbf-ad35-e0ec-783cc4da4392
Correlation IDc1cd50e8-9dda-d002-9479-818b3ab9bcd2
TimeThu May 11 2017 09:38:04 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1700.2027
Keith_H
Frequent Visitor

Likewise - the stuff I publish yesterday failed its refresh this morning due to an 'internal service error' but this morning I re-published the same work and did a manual refresh with no problem. 

Keith_H
Frequent Visitor

Same error message for me too.  I'd downloaded the report from the PBI service, modified it then got the error when publishing the new version.  I then tried republishing the backup of the original and got the same error, then came here and was relieved to see I'm not alone.

For info my scheduled refreshes all worked at 6am (GMT) this morning, and the refresh works fine on the PBI Desktop

Hi, 

It works for me now. Don't really know what happened yesterday.

elevenson
Frequent Visitor

I am also having the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ZLJ
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've had the same issue for the last few days.  I logged it just before you, but no responses yet:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-refresh-dataset-for-newly-published-reports/m-p/17...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem @bidepartment.

Maybe It´s a general problem...?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.