Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicia_pbi
Employee
Employee

Publishing is completed. However, we couldn't refresh your dataset. Please manually refresh your d

I keep getting the error:

Publishing is completed. However, we couldn't refresh your dataset. Please manually refresh your dataset in the service or schedule refresh.

I have had a support ticket open for over 2 weeks on this and the only thing they keep telling me is I need to use the July 21 version from the app store.  I am using that and still no luck.

Background:

I have a report that was published and about a month or so ago, I started getting this error.  At this time I noted that any changes I made in the PBIX were not present on the webservice.  When I go to the webservice and refresh the dataset nothing happens.  Then I go to settings and my on demand refresh is not listed.  I need my file changes to be presented on the webservice.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
pallavivetal
Employee
Employee

I am also facing the same issue.  I am using DirectQuery method and have 2 datasets both connected to SSAS

I tried below methods :

• Disable cache in desktop
  • Change privacy level of datasets
  • Change sensitivity label
  • Remove custom visual

All above options didn't work for me. I can delete and republish report as it will change reportid and URL. 

I also tried removing dependent reports from all workspace and keeping only main report. But still didn't work. I am able to publish in different workspace but not in existing.

Please let me know if anyone have found permanent solution for this. 

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello, @alicia_pbi 

Please check the similar case. The above provides a lot of solutions for encountering such problems, which may be helpful to you. Like Clear cache, change settings, etc.

Solved: publishing is complete, however we couldn't refres... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Needs more details. Is that a single data source, or a mixed/composite data model? Do any of the data sources require a gateway? If yes, do the connection definitions match between desktop and gateway? 

I am using a mixed model (DirectQuery) to have a live connection to my main source while importing other sources.  My source does not require a gateway.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.