Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SCTDev
Helper I
Helper I

Publishing from Desktop not completing

What normally takes less than a minute is not completing this morning.  I am pressing the Publish button from the Power BI Desktop app.

Is anyone else having this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SCTDev
Helper I
Helper I

I stopped the publish after about 10 minutes of waiting... did this three times, and it finally finished in one minute on the fourth attempt.

All is good.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
klika231
Regular Visitor

I tried with less than 10 seconds, still has the issue. It could very well be because I'm using the home version of windows, but I'm fairly sure the two laptops I tried it on use pro. I can't confirm that until Monday though. They also have a different processor. Do you know if there are any plans to support Home in the future? 

Bluestacks TextNow VPN

SCTDev
Helper I
Helper I

I stopped the publish after about 10 minutes of waiting... did this three times, and it finally finished in one minute on the fourth attempt.

All is good.

@SCTDev

Does this report already exist on Power BI Service and you publish a new one the replace the original report?

If that report is also shared to other users, it will take longer time to publish and replace the old one. So you may remove the access of other users, and republish it next time, then share your reports to the again.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.