cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prashant_Salvi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Publishing failed for an unknown reason. (FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError)

I got this error while publishing power BI report. This error occurs only when we have merged queries in the report. I request Power BI team to solve the issue related with merged queries.

publish error.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Publishing failed for an unknown reason. (FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError)

You probably should turn on tracing, try to publish the file and collect the log. You can use the frowny face icon in the desktop to submit a complaint. You can also go to support.powerbi.com and use the Contact Support button to submit an official support request.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Publishing failed for an unknown reason. (FailedToRefreshPackageAfterImportError)

Hi,

I have already submitted the Frwon request as you suggested, but didn't got any positive response.Also, I raised ticket from Power BI contact support button and waiting for their reply.

achinm45 Member

Hi @Prashant_Salvi,

Have you tried following

1) Refresh all after you have closed the "Edit Queries" ?

2) Goint to Edit Queries and see if you can refresh the data there .

3) Going to Options  and Settings>  Data Source settings and erasing all other user settings which you dont need

4) Which mode you are using for data : Load or Direct Query ?

Regards

Achin

Frequent Visitor

Hi @achinm45,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already tried those steps earlier. For confirmation I double checked them after your reply. But, unfortunately end up with the same error while publishing.

4) Mode I am using for data : Load.

Regards,

Prashant

achinm45 Member

For testing try to see if merged sources have null data or not. Try to remove nulls or blanks before merging.

In my opinion, this is data problem only.

achinm45 Member

For testing try to see if merged sources have null data or not. Try to remove nulls or blanks before merging.

In my opinion, this is data problem only.

Highlighted
Vicky_Song Established Member
Established Member

@Prashant_Salvi, could you please share me one sample PBIX report file with which I can reproduce your issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 166 members 1,921 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: