cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KasparHH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Publishing failed and all calculated columns and measures were lost

I lost all calculated measures and columns in my report when I tried to publish it. The report's data source is hosted in OneDrive for Business. I am able to refresh it in the report designer without any issues. However, last night I:

1. Saved report
  2. Clicked to start publishing
  3. Publishing failed (didn't screenshot error)
  4. Application crashed

I restart Power BI Desktop and open the report file, and I get a face full of errored objects complaining about missing variables. So I look and see all the calculated ones have been stripped from the report. Now I need to recreate every single one. 

• Has this happened to any of you?
  • Why did this happen?
  • What steps can I take to keep it from happening again the future?
2 REPLIES 2
KasparHH Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Lost all calculated measures and columns when publishing failed

I lost all calculated measures and columns in my report when I tried to publish it. The report's data source is hosted in OneDrive for Business. I am able to refresh it in the report designer without any issues. However, last night I:

1. Saved report
  2. Clicked to start publishing
  3. Publishing failed (didn't screenshot error)
  4. Application crashed

I restart Power BI Desktop and open the report file, and I get a face full of errored objects complaining about missing variables. So I look and see all the calculated ones have been stripped from the report. Now I need to recreate every single one. 

• Has this happened to any of you?
  • Why did this happen?
  • What steps can I take to keep it from happening again the future?

Thanks.

Super User
Super User

Re: Publishing failed and all calculated columns and measures were lost

This is first time I heard, when you restarted PowerBI application, didn't it asked you to recover file?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut! Connect with me on Linkedin