Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RobMiles
Frequent Visitor

Publishing content to intranet

Currently I am not a pro user but have noticed that currently I can use an embed code to publish a report to a public website. 

I have read that you cannot use this feature to publish to an intranet page unless you are a pro user. 

If I purchase a Pro license, can I use this feature to embed a report on an internal page?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

I am here because I have the same situation you had. Could you please let me know how you fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @RobMiles :

The short answer is yes; however, you can't probably can't share the content with any colleagues (so there would be no point).

With Power Apps & Sharepoint, other colleagues can consume the content if they either are Pro users as well or you have dedicated capacity (i.e., power bi embedded--skus EM1, EM2, or EM3); you can do all of this with full blown premium, but I'm sure cost is a concern here. 

In your situation, you may also be able to use the A skus (Azure dedicated capacity) to share content with your colleagues. I'm assuming you have some web developers on staff since you have an intranet. A lot of ISVs use the A skus if they want to embed PBI in their own web app. 

Here is a pretty good YouTube vid that walks through the different PBI dedicated capacity SKUs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQczRrUjTCc&t=255s

@Anonymous 

We have done it for a brief moment (as a test) with completely fabricated data to see if it works and there's nothing to stop you publishing it and seeing it within an intranet even as a non-pro user.

However, Microsoft asks you not to use this feature on your intranet so I assume it breaches their terms or licensing agreement. 

I suppose my question is more: will I be breaching their agreements if I do this AFTER purchasing a Pro license? Or more to the point, am I actually breaking any terms or is it simply a suggestion not to do it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

I can't speak to the terms.

One major concern is having the ability to do that now, relying on that capability, and then one day realizing it isn't there any longer.

I can't remember the specific functionality, but something used to be part of the free version & they made it part of the 'paid for' package.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.