Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

olimoz

Publishing always results in "Unable to write to the transport connection"

Hi,

I'm cannot appear to publish any reports. Whichever report and whichever desktop PC I attempt to publish from, I get:

"Unable to write to the transport connection.  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".

I can log into PowerBI online without problems, so I know my credentials are fine.

Is this my error, or something else? 

Oli

BackendUrl
https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @olimoz,

Please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then publish your PBIX file and check the detailed logs in the traces folder. Also please help to post the detailed logs here.

In addition, the above error could also occur when the PBIX file is greater than the file size that Power BI Service supports.  Please make sure that your PBIX file size is within 1GB.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
a_mixed_life
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm still dealing with the exact same issue as your. Where no matter which PBIX file I have when I publish from my PowerBI Desktop, it gives me this same error.

However when I created a NEW powerbi, I'm able to publish. When recreating my pbix file, it gives me the same error.

What I found out is that I think it has something to do in my internal network (Firewall, DNS, etc.) because when I'm outside the network with the same files, I'm able to publish.

Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.