Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Logun
Frequent Visitor

Publishing a new report using a Certified dataset forces a publish to one single workspace

When I attempt to publish this report it automatically goes into Workspace X. I am not offered any kind of choice. 

Workspace X is the newer workspaces

It is the workspace from which I got the dataset to create this report on. (to be specific I replace an older dataset this report was built using with this new dataset)

I have access to publish to many workspaces (both old work spaces and new workspaces)

Why am I not getting any choice in the workspace I can publish to?

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Logun ,

Please check which data source does the report get data from. If it's connecting to Power BI dataset, you can only publish that report to the same Power BI service workspace that contains the dataset being used.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Yes it is a Certified Dataset

I just went through the process again and it worked as expected this time. This leaves me confused as to why I was not getting this prompt the last time.

--------

My co-worker can follow the same process as I and they have the ability to publish to whereever they like.

We both download the report from the same place (in this case a sharepoint site)

We change the Dataset to use a certified dataset.

We save/rename and then publish and he gets a prompt to select which workspace.

As well a 3rd co-woker reported they were given the option on where to publish but the list did not match their full workspace list, it was only 3 out of a dozen or more. I am unable to verify they followed the same process we did at this time

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.