Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Michael1
Helper II
Helper II

Publishing Problems

Hello Fellow BI Users,

This morning I started to have problems republishing PBIX files to the Service where it spins for hours.  I am using the latest release of Power BI.  I have tried 2 computers and 2 different networks.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FYI--Microsoft has recently posted this as an advisory on the O365 admin dashboard.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
LisaJ
Regular Visitor

Not solved yet, these issues are continuing.  Thanks for looking into this Microsoft it is impacting our clients.

LisaJ
Regular Visitor

Yes having the same problems.  Have tried to publish a small file, no joy.  Any other solutions from @howtomicrosoft would be greatly appreciated 

SysRam
Frequent Visitor

I have the most current PowerBI desktop but the pbix file is a large file about 270 MB. When I try to publish it keeps spining "working on it ..." message for hours. The smaller file ( 45 MB) went through without issues. Is there any setting in Office 365 (Administration) that sets a limit to the size of file that can be uploaded?

PBI_KLo
Helper I
Helper I

I am having the same issue too. Using the December update (since I saw folks reporting publishing issues for the January one), but the publishing dialog box is hanging. It did see that there was a dataset of the same name and prompts me if I want to overwrite, but when I click yes it just hangs and does nothing.

-Kevin

fishleaf
Helper II
Helper II

Simliar issue. US Central Cluster. Your "refresh now" button on the web shouldn't be working now too....

I am having the same issue. I need to refresh for our CFO but is not working! Very sad 😞

Hi @Michael1@dsutt519@fishleaf,

I think there is one issue report for this case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Desktop-January-2017-Login-popup-blocked/idi-p/1132...

You could follow up that topic for update of MSFT team 

Thanks for your replies.  I tried logging out and logging back in.

To be clear--I am spinning on this screen (for hours).

publishing.png

Hi @Michael1,

Maybe you could try with some older version of pbi desktop, Version: 2.42.4611.482 64-bit (January, 2017) is working for my case.

The newest version in issue topic is getting crzay 😞 I have kept some old versions in pc of company. will share link tomorrow.

Thanks!  I'll definitely try that.  Have a good MLK day.

FYI--Microsoft has recently posted this as an advisory on the O365 admin dashboard.

The November update (followed by the January update) screwed up the data refresh, specifically for the personal gateway. Looks like it screwed other things up too 😞

I receive the following error when I try to update using the personal gateway, "Unexpected data read from blob.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface"

Fortunately, I have several computers. I went back to the October desktop version and everything works perfectly! I hope things get fixed with the new version soon! Very frustrating!!

Thank you to everyone who is working on fixing these issues! You are my heroes!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.