cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Publishing Problems

Hello Fellow BI Users,

This morning I started to have problems republishing PBIX files to the Service where it spins for hours.  I am using the latest release of Power BI.  I have tried 2 computers and 2 different networks.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Thanks,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Publishing Problems

FYI--Microsoft has recently posted this as an advisory on the O365 admin dashboard.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
fishleaf Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Simliar issue. US Central Cluster. Your "refresh now" button on the web shouldn't be working now too....

dsutt519 Member

I am having the same issue. I need to refresh for our CFO but is not working! Very sad 😞

tringuyenminh92 New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Michael1@dsutt519@fishleaf,

I think there is one issue report for this case: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Desktop-January-2017-Login-popup-blocked/idi-p/1132...

You could follow up that topic for update of MSFT team 

Michael1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your replies.  I tried logging out and logging back in.

To be clear--I am spinning on this screen (for hours).

publishing.png

tringuyenminh92 New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Michael1,

Maybe you could try with some older version of pbi desktop, Version: 2.42.4611.482 64-bit (January, 2017) is working for my case.

The newest version in issue topic is getting crzay 😞 I have kept some old versions in pc of company. will share link tomorrow.

Michael1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks!  I'll definitely try that.  Have a good MLK day.

Michael1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

FYI--Microsoft has recently posted this as an advisory on the O365 admin dashboard.

View solution in original post

dsutt519 Member

The November update (followed by the January update) screwed up the data refresh, specifically for the personal gateway. Looks like it screwed other things up too 😞

I receive the following error when I try to update using the personal gateway, "Unexpected data read from blob.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface"

Fortunately, I have several computers. I went back to the October desktop version and everything works perfectly! I hope things get fixed with the new version soon! Very frustrating!!

Thank you to everyone who is working on fixing these issues! You are my heroes!!!

Highlighted
PBI_KLo Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue too. Using the December update (since I saw folks reporting publishing issues for the January one), but the publishing dialog box is hanging. It did see that there was a dataset of the same name and prompts me if I want to overwrite, but when I click yes it just hangs and does nothing.

-Kevin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors