Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publishing Problems - Says I'm using Power BI Pro

I have published multiple reports from Power BI desktop to the web. For some reason with this one report it is not allowing my coworker to see any of the data. It also says I'm using Power BI Pro so that people who want to see the data need to have Power BI Pro as well. I don't know how I could be using Power BI Pro because I never downloaded it nor do I pay for it. Also, I just published another report to a dashboard yesterday on a different team and people were able to see it. Was hoping to get some help with this issue. I've tried everything. I've given them access and added them to my group in the online Power BI service

View I have when I am trying to publish talking about the Power BI ProView I have when I am trying to publish talking about the Power BI ProView my coworker has. No data populates for some reasonView my coworker has. No data populates for some reason

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Maximillian425,

Please check your Power BI license information under Power BI service account settings, Settings->Manage personal storage.

It will show you if you have the Pro Trial version.  Please also check to see if you have Office 365 license, Power BI pro license could also be purchased by your Office 365 admin. See: Purchasing Power BI Pro

For the dashboard that's contained in the group workspace, is considerd as the Power BI pro Content, if shared,  requires to have Power BI pro license. Check the article below for more details: Power BI Pro content - what is it?

Please take a look at those two articles I shared first, if you still have any further question on this topic, please feel free to post back.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.