Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Published report is not showing tabs

Hi!

I've made this really cool dashboard consisting of multiple tabs. Now I only want to share my dashboard in my organisation and not on public.

When I publish to the web I see my dashboard really nicely per tab, but when I publish and share with my collegues they see the ugly way of all the tabs under each other (I pinned the every tab as a tile to my dashboard). 

How to I get a published dashboard (not on public) with tabs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous A couple things here. 1) Sharing reports is being worked on 2) You can share the dashboard, or share your reports as an App. Sharing an App will show them all the reports in your workspace (probably not the most ideal, but this will continue to change) If you don't want to "use" a dashboard, just pin a single tile that has the name of your report and have them click that to get to your report. Alternatively, you could share the dashboard, not send any email, then grab the report link and email it to them.

They will still need to navigate through the dashboard if they just go to the Service though. They would find it in the "Shared with Me" section.

Having to share via dashboards does not mean you can't push a user to the report quickly.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Anonymous Publish to Web is showing the report (with tabs). Currently you have to share the dashboard in the Service, but you could just make that a single tile that they click on to be taken to the first report page.

The dashboard has tiles, no tabs, has to be used to share.

Report pages have tiles, all the interactions, can't share directly.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very very very poor of Power BI

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the nicest way to share reports with my collegues? I really want to use tabs!!

@Anonymous A couple things here. 1) Sharing reports is being worked on 2) You can share the dashboard, or share your reports as an App. Sharing an App will show them all the reports in your workspace (probably not the most ideal, but this will continue to change) If you don't want to "use" a dashboard, just pin a single tile that has the name of your report and have them click that to get to your report. Alternatively, you could share the dashboard, not send any email, then grab the report link and email it to them.

They will still need to navigate through the dashboard if they just go to the Service though. They would find it in the "Shared with Me" section.

Having to share via dashboards does not mean you can't push a user to the report quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.