Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhijitsahay
Frequent Visitor

Published data source does not save credentials

I published a database connection as a data source from Power BI desktop.  The connection information and credentials are correct and I can create reports using it in the desktop. The publication is also successful, and the data source is visible in my workspace in app.powerbi.com.  But when I try to use it, there is a banner at the top saying "The data source xxxxx is missing credentials and cannot be accessed".  Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@abhijitsahay , Click on the three dots of the dataset. Open settings. There you will see an option for data source credentials. Provide details there 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Retract7372
Regular Visitor

Good morning, I have the same problem, I enter the credentials but if I click "Save" (Salva) nothing happens.

Could you please help me?

screen.png

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @abhijitsahay 

In Power BI Desktop, you connected directly to your on-premises database, but the Power BI service requires a data gateway to act as a bridge between the cloud and your on-premises network. 

Please refer to the following steps to add your on-premises  database as a data source to a gateway and then connect your dataset to this data source.

1. Install an on-premises data gateway

2. Add data sources that can be used with the gateway Manage your data source - SQL Server 

3. Connect your dataset to this data source Connect a dataset to a SQL Server database 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@abhijitsahay , Click on the three dots of the dataset. Open settings. There you will see an option for data source credentials. Provide details there 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.