Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LuisCP2012
Helper I
Helper I

Published dashboard doesn't show clustering reports

Hello,  I have a clustered dedicated dashboard, which in my power BI desktop shows fine.

image.png

But when I attempt to publish it, the values are gone and I get the following error:

image.png

The query referenced column 'D_DET_DOC'[CLUSTER DETALLE] which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''

Am I not able to show clustered based reports on published power BI platform?

10 REPLIES 10
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello Luis:

Last week I was presented with this problem (column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state), and I put a ticket. After several tests for 2 hours we continued with the problem, we closed the call and was told to try each element of the formula separately. Then I realized that a measure with TOTALYTD, had the date in Spanish and when I published it, it gave error because I tried to read it in English, I changed it from January 24 to Feb 1 and there was no error.

Review the formulas for language conflicts.

Best regards

Lizzielot

hungnkuon
Regular Visitor

Hello, I have experienced the same thing. The visuals with cluster-related attribute work just fine in Power BI Desktop but when the report is publised to the cloud, the visual will be broken after any following refresh. Gateway is not required in this case. 

Thanks for any help! Cheers

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LuisCP2012 , Clear Cache, refresh and try once.

Check is dataset refreshed. In case Gateway is needed, is that correctly working.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

https://guyinacube.com/2016/09/21/troubleshooting-connectivity-tips/

What is the error you are getting, Can you share.

Hello @amitchandak ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have the following message "The query referenced column 'D_DET_DOC'[CLUSTER DETALLE] which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''

Dataset refreshes properly, I have other reports in the same project that actually show the values.

image.png

I'm trying to remove the cluster on the "legend" section in my scatter chart, but I can't create a cluster in PowerBI online due to not having the option to create one

(the options are:

1. Share on teams

2. Export data

3. Show as table

4. Remove

5. Prominent)

image.png

@LuisCP2012 , are you on the latest version of power bi desktop?

@amitchandak I have the August version.

Here's an image:

LuisCP2012_0-1597643725570.png

I can't seem to find the "automatically find clusters" on the power bi online (with the office 365 package)

Hi @LuisCP2012 ,

I tested it, but I couldn't reproduce your issue.

V-lianl-msft_0-1597655323872.png

You could try to create a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free.

Support_Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @V-lianl-msft ,

As mentioned, the problem occurs using the power bi online, using Office 365.

On PowerBI desktop the clusters works properly.

I'm using import data

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @LuisCP2012 

How are you getting your data set on PBI service.

Try re-creating the report online instead of desktop. Can you select these two chart in the report. If selectable do they show the required data as in the desktop.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Hello @pranit828 ,

Thanks for the reply.

Connection is not a problem, because I have 5 other dashboards from the same project that display information properly, here is one of them:

LuisCP2012_0-1597637211330.png

Taking off the "legend" section in the scatter chart makes the graph show again the info, but without clusters. I'm trying to recreate the cluster in Power BI online (not on desktop) and I don't have the option to create, although going back to the desktop app, I have it

Power BI online:

(the options are:

1. Share on teams

2. Export data

3. Show as table

4. Remove

5. Prominent)

LuisCP2012_1-1597637436931.png

Power BI Desktop

LuisCP2012_0-1597637875133.png

Am I doing something wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.