Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nicho248
Helper II
Helper II

Published Report does not match report on desktop

Hello - 

Using the desktop application. I have a report that pulls data and displays it correctly. However after publishing to cloud, the report is not displaying the data correctly. How do I fix this? Refreshing/republishing does not fix this issue.

Here is a screenshot of desktop and cloud.

Working

Nicho248_1-1610158071113.png

Not working

Nicho248_0-1610157952824.png

Thank you.

Nick

11 REPLIES 11
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Nicho248 

You may check refresh history (Setting-Dataset-refresh history), see if the dataset is refreshed successfully.

BTW, you need to refresh both dataset and report, because report do not automatically refresh with dataset under Import and DirectQuery connection, you also need to refresh report to reflect the changes to dataset. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@V-pazhen-msft 

I checked the history, and the history is clean is 'completed' refreshes. All data upon refresh displays the data in an inaccurate manner, e.g. not working correctly.

I have about 20 other dataset/reports and this is the only one which has had an issue like this.

N

I am also facing a similar issue, my power bi desktop is reflecting the correct data but after publishing it, it's not reflecting in the same way, My data is in table format.
Please help me ASAP .

In the below ss PBI Desktop is reflecting correct data in Internal Quality - Actual% but after publishing it, it is reflecting the wrong "0.00%".  

Internal  Quality Target is showing correctly in Desktop appInternal Quality Target is showing correctly in Desktop app     After publishing it, internal quality is showing "0" hereAfter publishing it, internal quality is showing "0" here

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Nicho248 

Please first check 'show as table' of the chart in service and desktop, see whether the difference is the data point or just the display issue. If the the data point are different the problem is mostly likely a refresh issue. Otherwise, it could be a bug.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

@V-pazhen-msft

Below the charts, I have a matrix which also displays the data. The matrix and all four charts are missing the data on cloud only. I would agree, seems like a refresh issue.

What would be the next steps?

N

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Nicho248 ,

have you tried different browsers?

I face a similar issue some time ago, but then it has been special as I created a R script visual but different versions of the R packages were used, newer on my Desktop and older by the service.

So what visual are you using.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Team , I'm also facing same issue , kindly help me out for this 

Hello @TomMartens 

Yes, I have just loaded it up in IE. It displays identically to my 'not working' screenshot, which for reference was through chrome. As a side note, it also displays incorrectly when linked through a teams channel.

edit: missed your other question. The graph is a stacked area chart. I have 4 on my page and also a matrix, I believe all of them are not displaying correctly. In other words, suspecting the data isn't pulling correctly, but I'm just a novice with BI.

N

Nicho248
Helper II
Helper II

Hello @parry2k ,

Apologize if I was too brief with my initial posting. On the desktop, the report/data looks great and displays correctly. This is the 'working' screenshot. After publishing to cloud the report looks different where the data is not displaying correctly. This is the 'not working' screenshot. So refreshing the desktop does nothing to address the cloud results. Refreshing the cloud data thus far does nothing as well.

Thank you

Nick

I had a similar issue with on-prem. Turns out it was a row level security issue.  When I view it in Desktop I can see everything unless I specifically choose to view as a given person (even as myself).  But when viewed on the web, RLS is always applied.  Don't know if this might help you, but that's what it was in my case.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Nicho248 can you do a refresh in the Power BI desktop and see if it give the same output as in the cloud.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.