Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powerinbi
Frequent Visitor

Publish to web without parameters

Hi guys!

I have been working with sales data in Power BI desktop, which in itself has millions of rows.

To take some pressure of the data load, when loading data from query editor into the PBI interface, I have applied query parameters on the date column inside the sales table. For example, instead of taking the sales data from 1999, it takes it from 2019, which is specified with the parameter. 

I would now like to publish this report into the web, but instead of including only those few rows from 2019, I need it to include all the rows from the table. In other words, I need to disable the parameter when publishing to the web. 

Is there a way to achieve that?

Or is there a smarter way, where I can only work with handful of rows from sales table in PBI desktop, but where the published report has all the rows from the sales table?

Thanks guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@powerinbi , You can create parameters in the power query and filter that 2019 and above. Then on service change that 1999 onward using the three dots on datasets and setting. And then refresh data . But every time you upload a file this will overwrite 

Deployment Pipeline is better option. But might not be fit for this

Premium- Deployment Pipeline, Load More Data on Test/Prod : https://youtu.be/l69cnWkoGX0

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@powerinbi , You can create parameters in the power query and filter that 2019 and above. Then on service change that 1999 onward using the three dots on datasets and setting. And then refresh data . But every time you upload a file this will overwrite 

Deployment Pipeline is better option. But might not be fit for this

Premium- Deployment Pipeline, Load More Data on Test/Prod : https://youtu.be/l69cnWkoGX0

@amitchandak Ahh thanks for the reply, to be able to change these parameters in PBI web is exactly what I needed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.