Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shadaiv
Helper II
Helper II

Publish to the workspace issue

Hi all,

Need your help here.
I'm trying to publish a report (connected to a Power BI live dataset) to a different workspace from where the dataset is located.

Unfortunately I'm no longer getting the option to do so, when attempting to publish only the workspace with the dataset is displayed. The workspaces are all part of the "new experience" so that shouldn't be an issue.

This issue has started after I moved to October 2021 Power BI desktop version. I also tried the latest version, Nove 2021 but got the  same issue.

Surprisingly when i rolled back to March 2021 version, it worked. No issues at all.

We are using some Latest Power BI features so need to use the latest version.

Is there any setting that needs to be applied in a certain way that I might be missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Shadaiv ,

Could you please check what account you are logged in to when you publish the report? Is it the same account that has admin access to both workspaces? I tested with both the October version and the latest version of Power BI Desktop and I was not able to reproduce your problem...October versionOctober version

yingyinr_2-1638178570051.png

Whether the workspace list only shows the workspace where the connected dataset is located when you publish a report using the October version? Could you please provide the related screenshot? Also could you please try updating your desktop to the latest version and see if you can publish to other workspaces. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Shadaiv , I am using Oct/ Nov 2021 version on different machines and able to take datasets from one workspace and publish report in another. Also able to save (only report) to another workspace.

Only thing is user need to have access to both databases

Thanks @amitchandak  for your reply.

I am an admin in both workspaces. Rolling back to March 2021, i don't see any issue at all.

This occurred after after i updated Power BI desktop to the latest versions

Hi @Shadaiv ,

Could you please check what account you are logged in to when you publish the report? Is it the same account that has admin access to both workspaces? I tested with both the October version and the latest version of Power BI Desktop and I was not able to reproduce your problem...October versionOctober version

yingyinr_2-1638178570051.png

Whether the workspace list only shows the workspace where the connected dataset is located when you publish a report using the October version? Could you please provide the related screenshot? Also could you please try updating your desktop to the latest version and see if you can publish to other workspaces. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 
Thank you so much for looking into it.

We have updated the desktop to a new version i.e Nov 2021 and not facing any issue now.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.