Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish to Web "This content isn't available"

I have been using power BI free through Office 365 for 4 months now and sharing my reports through the publish to web feature. Today when I went to look at the reports I found that all of the reports don't work and simply display "This content isn't available, Learn more about Power BI" which was very frustrating. The admin center of Power BI says that all of the reports are still active. Is the publish from web feature no longer available for free?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Please check the limitations of "Pulish to web":

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service, however, the following are not currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using row level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  • Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  • "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting Data from visuals in a report, which has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • Shared and certified datasets.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response! Turns out it was nothing on my end, everything works today. It was something on the server end that was causing the reports to not publish to the web.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response! Turns out it was nothing on my end, everything works today. It was something on the server end that was causing the reports to not publish to the web.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Please check the limitations of "Pulish to web":

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service, however, the following are not currently supported or available with Publish to web:

• Reports using row level security.
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services.
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
  • Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
  • "R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.
  • Exporting Data from visuals in a report, which has been published to the web.
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals.
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures.
  • Single sign-on data query models.
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information.
  • Shared and certified datasets.
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding. 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.