cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmad-KAISPE
Regular Visitor

Publish to Web: Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

Hi all,

I have a report that contains graphs and graphs contain telemetry data that is coming from Azure Table Storage, i am trying to embed my report using publish to web option. I want to filter my graphs by using query string parameter in URL to show only filtered device data.
I would like to publish to web my report to embed it in private web app where I can have my own private access.
I would like graphs to only show filtered device data.
Is it possible to apply a filter to my report, like instead of choosing my dropdown list, my account would choose a device id filtered data according to the given filter on web app?

Regards,
Ahmad
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Publish to Web: Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

@Ahmad-KAISPE ,

The "query string parameters in URL" can achieve your requirement. You can read the doc for considerartion and limitation of this feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters#considerations-and-troubleshooting

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Publish to Web: Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

@Ahmad-KAISPE ,

The "query string parameters in URL" can achieve your requirement. You can read the doc for considerartion and limitation of this feature.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-url-filters#considerations-and-troubleshooting

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors