Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish to BI-online - my workspace

Hey guys,

I would like to ask about confidentiality...Since the real data/dashbooard contains confidential information, I was wondering what happens, after I click on publish to my workspace..? 

Is it going to be only me, who can access/see it, or is it going to be visible for "everybody"? I would like to play around with the View for Mobile, so would be nice if it would be only me who can acccess it.

I'm just thinking if I need a permission from my organization's IT, before I click on publish..

Many thanks,

Adam

Publish.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

A report posted is only viewable by you, until you give permission to others online.

I have never experienced a situation where a newly posted report could be accesed by other than me.

But if it is extremely confidential, you should absolutely have a chat with your IT department, and whoever you might need permission from, remember the data is still saved on a Power BI server, when you publish a report, and even though only you have acces to the data, and it is a microsoft server, **bleep** can still happen.

You could also start by posting a "dummy" report, and play with it online to get a feel on how it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

A report posted is only viewable by you, until you give permission to others online.

I have never experienced a situation where a newly posted report could be accesed by other than me.

But if it is extremely confidential, you should absolutely have a chat with your IT department, and whoever you might need permission from, remember the data is still saved on a Power BI server, when you publish a report, and even though only you have acces to the data, and it is a microsoft server, **bleep** can still happen.

You could also start by posting a "dummy" report, and play with it online to get a feel on how it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.