Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish to BI-online - my workspace

Hey guys,

I would like to ask about confidentiality...Since the real data/dashbooard contains confidential information, I was wondering what happens, after I click on publish to my workspace..? 

Is it going to be only me, who can access/see it, or is it going to be visible for "everybody"? I would like to play around with the View for Mobile, so would be nice if it would be only me who can acccess it.

I'm just thinking if I need a permission from my organization's IT, before I click on publish..

Many thanks,

Adam

Publish.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

A report posted is only viewable by you, until you give permission to others online.

I have never experienced a situation where a newly posted report could be accesed by other than me.

But if it is extremely confidential, you should absolutely have a chat with your IT department, and whoever you might need permission from, remember the data is still saved on a Power BI server, when you publish a report, and even though only you have acces to the data, and it is a microsoft server, **bleep** can still happen.

You could also start by posting a "dummy" report, and play with it online to get a feel on how it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

A report posted is only viewable by you, until you give permission to others online.

I have never experienced a situation where a newly posted report could be accesed by other than me.

But if it is extremely confidential, you should absolutely have a chat with your IT department, and whoever you might need permission from, remember the data is still saved on a Power BI server, when you publish a report, and even though only you have acces to the data, and it is a microsoft server, **bleep** can still happen.

You could also start by posting a "dummy" report, and play with it online to get a feel on how it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.