Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Publish on Power BI without Pro license + Sharing Settings

Dear all

I am developing a Dashboard which I want to share with my managers but I am having 2 issues:

1. I want to share a link/dashboard with anyone and my license is Pro. However, I wanted to share it with users who do not have Power BI installed on their PC. Is it possible? Like...just click and open the Dashboard and do their consultations?

2. The main excel database that is the source of the Dashboard is stored in a folder in my Onedrive. However, I change it every day. How can I refresh it automatically on the Dashboard when I update the local file? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want your managers to be able to open the dashboard you shared, they will need PowerBI Pro as well. If you don't want the consumers to need Power BI Pro license, you will need Power BI Premium (which is quite expensive to be honest). 

If you don't want them to get Power BI Pro, the next best thing is to save the PBIX & XLSX files into one OneDrive folder and share that with your managers. Then, install Power BI Desktop on their computers and open the PBIX file. The only thing is they would have to refresh the dataset. 

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want your managers to be able to open the dashboard you shared, they will need PowerBI Pro as well. If you don't want the consumers to need Power BI Pro license, you will need Power BI Premium (which is quite expensive to be honest). 

If you don't want them to get Power BI Pro, the next best thing is to save the PBIX & XLSX files into one OneDrive folder and share that with your managers. Then, install Power BI Desktop on their computers and open the PBIX file. The only thing is they would have to refresh the dataset. 

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.