Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kamaizziati
Helper IV
Helper IV

Publish dashboard to Workspace using Power BI Pro Trial

Hi,

I have question regarding publish report to workspace created. Can we publish report to created workspace using Power BI Pro (Trial version)? Or the trial version only can publish report to their own workspace?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

you can use the trial version of Power BI Pro to publish to any workspace.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jorris

Hi, I had the same issue while publishing a dataset from power bi desktop.

While troubleshooting, i created 2 more workspaces, with default settings (I am the admin). 

After some time and trying over and over and over and over again, at some point I was able to publish to one of the other 2 created workspaces, but still not to the original new one or the last created on (have 3 custom workspaces at this time, 1 works, 2 do not).

So it seems there is a sync process involved that takes time to complete before power bi thinks I can publish.

This must still be a bug in power bi desktop, or maybe it's a way to make us skip the trial period and go straight to purchase, because I would do that right now if I had the assurance it would then all work. But I don't, so I won't.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

you can use the trial version of Power BI Pro to publish to any workspace.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi @TomMartens ,

I believe same information  that Power Bi Pro Trial version can publish report to any worskspace but while the issue raised its have error as state but now its allow me to publish.

Thank You for your help.

Hi @TomMartens ,

The user account already upgrade to Power BI Pro trial but still cant publish dashboard to any workspace.

Please refer below picture. It is publish dashboard need to subcribe the power bi pro?

2019-06-21_0923.png

Hey,

this is odd.

Just to be 100% sure (almost 100%), please ask the user to look for the assigned license:

• the user has to sign in to Power BI service
  • the user has to select "My Workspace", then it should look like this
    image.png

• The user has to select settings (gear icon)
    image.png

• The user has to select "Manage Personal Storage"
    image.png

• Check Assigned License Type, this site shows the assigned license type to the user
    image.png

After you checke that the user of interest has a Pro trial license assigned, it's important to check if the user has the proper rights for the workspace, the following screenshots are based on a Version 2 workspace (the new workspace experience), this new workspace experience has been introduced some months ago.

As a workspace admin or member, add the user who "has to / wants to" publish reports to the workspace to the workspace, the following screenshots shows that the user has been added as a "member".

image.png

image.png

image.png

After this I have been able to publish a report from Power BI Desktop to Power BI service without any problems.

Hopefully this provides additional insights that were missing.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.