Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Apinto64
Frequent Visitor

Publish button on Power BI Desktop november is not working

I'm using the Power BI Desktop november version and the publish button is not working

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

We have identified the issue and are working to get a fix out to the Power BI service. Expect to see it resolved by Monday. Sorry for the trouble. 

View solution in original post

The fix has now been deployed. Please let us know if you're still running into issues with publish.

Yes! It works now with my account and woth November update! THANKS

42 REPLIES 42
enny

same issue to. With the newes Version downloaded and installed today. Has anyone solved this ?

after some tests i can say, it's depends on the account. I hav try it from diffrent computers. It works with diffrent accounts. But when i try my account the same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the exact same problem.

Publish in PBI Desktop is NOT working when I'm logged in on account A ( on domain A ) but it works when I switch accounts to B (on domain B)

Both accounts Pro Accounts by the way.

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I've had several issues with this also. I ended up removing my installation and reinstalling through the MS store. 

my publishing worked ok after then. 

hard to know whether the full uninstall and reinstall did it or the store installation did it. 

just thought I'd share

I have tried an uninstall and reinstall from the store and had no luck. We have different computers that are all getting the same issue.

This issue affects only certain users. The Power BI team is rolling out a fix. The estimate for the fix is early next week.

shaunga59
Regular Visitor

Just adding to the list

Running Windows 10 - all up to date, installed Nov update yesterday and can't publish today

Tried repair

No go

Same issue here!

We are now using the store to update the latest version of PBI. I understand that the solution to this issue is to roll back to the October issue. This is not as easy once you are using the store also we get an error message when I do try to install the older version. Hoping the MS fix this urgently. 

mdferris
Regular Visitor

Same - just done a test on another machine running the October build, published fine, but then after immediately updgrading that to November Publish does nothing.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Apinto64,

This issue has been reported internally. CRI 51686230. Will update here once get any information. 

Best Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the same issue. Certainly, a major issue as all the work that we have done cannot be used at the moment. MS please find a fix for this quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here as well. I've tried signing out and back in. Removed PBI Desktop and installed the latest update Version: 2.52.4921.581 64-bit (November 2017) and stiill no luck. 

Any update on the timing for this fix?

Microsoft recommended the downgrade to Power BI Desktop October update and so far it works! Thay are still working on it and they did not gave me any date to solve it.

The new version of PBI Desktop that has been released over the last few days has not fixed this issue.

Hi,

Use October version till monday 04 november 2017 it works fine.

Regards ,

Arvind

Its November 30th and the issue is still not resovolved.

JuleenMc

Also having the same issue. I click it, but nothing happens. No messages at all.

I have downgraded to a version from  August 2017 and found that the function works in that version.

The publish is not working for me.  How do you get the August version download?

Hi @tomkusnierek,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-latest-update

Please Find above link for December update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.