cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaunga59 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Publish button on Power BI Desktop november is not working

Just adding to the list

Running Windows 10 - all up to date, installed Nov update yesterday and can't publish today

Tried repair

No go

enny Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

same issue to. With the newes Version downloaded and installed today. Has anyone solved this ?

dcresp Member

We are now using the store to update the latest version of PBI. I understand that the solution to this issue is to roll back to the October issue. This is not as easy once you are using the store also we get an error message when I do try to install the older version. Hoping the MS fix this urgently. 

enny Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

after some tests i can say, it's depends on the account. I hav try it from diffrent computers. It works with diffrent accounts. But when i try my account the same issue.

Highlighted

I'm having the exact same problem.

Publish in PBI Desktop is NOT working when I'm logged in on account A ( on domain A ) but it works when I switch accounts to B (on domain B)

Both accounts Pro Accounts by the way.

Dog Established Member
Established Member

I've had several issues with this also. I ended up removing my installation and reinstalling through the MS store. 

my publishing worked ok after then. 

hard to know whether the full uninstall and reinstall did it or the store installation did it. 

just thought I'd share

dcresp Member

I have tried an uninstall and reinstall from the store and had no luck. We have different computers that are all getting the same issue.
tuannie Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This issue affects only certain users. The Power BI team is rolling out a fix. The estimate for the fix is early next week.

mlcollins Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue.  Repair, uninstall, reinstall does not work.  Runing pro verison on Windows 10

tuannie Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

A workaround for this issue is to upload the pbix directly in the service.